34833RE: Heading to the Valley....Hwy 120 options

  • coureur_de_boue
    Sep 4, 2013

      Excellent...thanks for the tips.

      Getting to the trailhead will be relatively straightforward as we plan on using a private shuttle from Whitney to the Valley. If 120 is shut off, we will have to arrange for an alternate drop & these suggestion really help.

      It looks pretty straightforward if we were to hike down the Snow Creek or Porcupine Creek area.

      Any idea of how far/long these options would be? Looking at the topo map, I would guess 6 1/2 miles/2 1/2 hours to Mirror Lake. Grossly optimistic?

      Thanks.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic