34625[John Muir Trail] Re: Smoke from Rim Fire

  • John
    Aug 24, 2013
      I would speculate that lacking any heavy rains it will burn up into the granite....

      We spent the night above the Mono Basin last night. The smoke started eddying down the eastside filling the Mono Basin with thick smoke last night. Light smoke now down here in Little Round Valley. It mountains at this point seem to be clear.

      John

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ringland" <jtringl@...> wrote:

      > NASA's EOSDIS satellite picture (http://earthdata.nasa.gov/labs/worldview/)
      > shows the amazing extent of the smoke: across much of northern Nevada and
      > into Utah. At the moment, none of the JMT seems affected. I do wonder
      > though, how much of the north boundary country of Yosemite and how much of
      > the Emigrant Wilderness will eventually be hit. -- Jim Ringland

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic