34608Re: Sierra storms

  • straw_marmot
    Aug 23 8:37 PM
      All the photos from my recent jaunt around SE Yosemite / Ansel Adams are here
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0hhb70evzu8fvga/gKHmctAYqL

      Aside from rain and lightning, I had fun with the marmots. I spotted some running around off a forest trail in the Ansel Adams Wilderness. They disappeared, but when I wandered over I could see that their burrow was under a large boulder, so I climbed up and sat on top the boulder very quietly. After about 15 minutes a little head popped out and peered up at me. Then another little head. Then much squeaking and murmuring... something along the lines of "what's it doing up there?" "I don't know, but I'm not going out" "You can't sit in here all day!" etc etc. There are a few pictures of the little fellows near the beginning of the set.

      Ralph

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "scriv.ener" <jeffreyz212@...> wrote:

      > Great story, Ralph. Tell another one.
      >

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "straw_marmot" <ralphbge@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ... I realized that things were getting bad. I found the best
      > > spot I could for lightning safety at the bottom of a shallow
      > > slope sheltered by a few bushes, got my tent up in what I
      > > thought was heavy rain... then the REAL rain started. ...

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic