34479Re: [John Muir Trail] Sierra storms

  • Ray Rippel
    Aug 20, 2013
      I met a fellow this evening who bailed because of the rain. He told me he was "resting" for a day or two, but I thought I saw plenty of ambivalence in his eyes.

      I'll put up with some rain (especially if it is only for a few hours in the afternoon and evening), but he said it started at 3 and didn't let up until 10! Not fun.

      On Aug 20, 2013, at 8:33 PM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

      Possible tropical storm brewing off Baja, may bring moisture our way by Sunday...forecasts not sure yet.

      On Aug 20, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Ray Rippel <ray.rippel@...> wrote:

      Classic thunderstorm weather for the Sierra Nevada. Yesterday, in Mammoth, the sky was perfectly clear in the morning, started getting a few puffy clouds in the early afternoon, and was raining, flashing, and rumbling at 4 p.m.

      Things are supposed to be the same today (So far they are; skies are clear.)

      Forecast is for a little rain tomorrow, and then great weather out as far as they can see (which I hope is three weeks).

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic