34455Re: Steripen

  • John
    Aug 20, 2013
      When I treat water, that's what I use. This has been the second season for me with the pen, works fast and well. 50 liters per battery is pushing it, count on 40+. You will need a wide mouth transparent bottle. I use a clean cloth (bandana) for pre-filtering lake water.

      see book here

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Kyle Arn wrote:
      > Has anyone taken only a steripen for water treatment?  I have a filter, and boil my water for meals, but it would be nice to just pull out a steripen to sterlize a bottle of water real quick on the trail and keep moving.  I don't have a steripen yet, but I am considering purchasing one.
      > Kyle
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic