33949[John Muir Trail] Re: Smoke In Yosemite From Fires

  • Robert
    Aug 4, 2013
      I could if I was more of a techie;) There are several small springs that feed the creek, with a very obvious smaller one right off the trail on your way up the steeper climb before the crest that drops you down to Sunrise High Sierra Camp. If you are hiking towards TM, it is bubbling out on your left hand side. There are other larger ones off the trail to your right on the same section of switchbacks, all are fairly easy to find, as you will notice the creek 'peters out' near the top of this climb, but still flows regardless of the snow being long gone from its drainage. I don't know if that is any help, or not? I'll try and play around with Google Maps and see how to post an attachment if I get the chance.

      The map coordinates are roughly 418300N, 283750E on the Tom Harrison Yosemite High Country Map.

      The other spring is also right on the trail on the down the switchbacks about a mile past the Lower Cathedral Lake Jct., but by then most people aren't thinking of water, they have a cheeseburger in mind at the TM Grill!

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Ray Rippel <ray.rippel@...> wrote:
      > Good day, Robert,
      > Any chance you could pinpoint on Google or Bing maps the approximate
      > location of the spring that feeds Sunrise Creek?
      > Thanks, Ray
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic