33727Re: [John Muir Trail] Day-by-day JMT recap

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Jul 30, 2013
      Love it Jeff - beautiful.  And if ever I can join you in a SoCal hike.....

      Barbara

      On Jul 30, 2013, at 7:08 PM, "Jeff Hester" <jeff.hester@...> wrote:

      I'm in the midst of publishing a day-by-day recap of my 2010 JMT thru-hike. This is something I've been working on for some time, with each day going "live" exactly three years to the date.

      The end result is somewhere between a trail guide and a journal. I share our experience -- what we loved; what we would do differently; and what we look forward to doing again.

      The series starts with our drive up from LA on July 25th:

      http://socalhiker.net/2013/07/thru-hiking-the-jmt-day-by-day/

      and we actually began hiking the JMT on July 28th:

      http://socalhiker.net/2013/07/thru-hiking-the-jmt-little-yosemite-valley-to-sunrise-camp/

      Each subsequent day goes live on that date (July 30th will post tonight). Those of you who are seasoned JMT thru-hikers may have suggestions, and I welcome your feedback. Those who have yet to hike the JMT might find it entertaining or inspiring.

      In any case, this forum was a great source of information when we were researching back in 2009, and I thought I'd give back to the community.

      Cheers,

      Jeff Hester
      SoCalHiker.net

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic