33660RE: [John Muir Trail] Alternate hikes

  • Don Amundson
    Jul 29, 2013

      For what it's worth there is a 2 night camping limit at Kearsarge Lakes and Charlotte Lake.

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: krishna9012@...
      Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:33:05 +0000
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Alternate hikes

      I am planning to start from HI/GP on Aug 7th as my resupplies are already sent to TM and MTR. Another friend is joining at OV / Kearsarge with last leg food supply. I am dropping off the RM food supply on way to the YV.

      My alternate plan is:

      if the smoke is too heavy from RM, I will abort at RM, just get back to Mammoth lakes, take bus to Bishop and start the SB hike from there. Looks like all the smoke is between RM & VVR/MTR. So a leisurely hike over the Bishop's pass and then stay at Kearsarge/ Charlotte till my friend comes with food.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic