33555Re: Best camping between Charlotte Lake & Vidette Meadow

  • Don
    Jul 28, 2013
      "The best" is kind of relative to your situation. When your ready to camp you'll be looking for any spot. There is a spot where you meet the Bullfrog Lake junction but look for the sign that says no camping there (not talking about the lake itself). If you turn left and head up the Bullfrog Lake trail for a few hundred feet there is a spot up the slope to your left. Wenk mentions a few spots on the way down to Vidette Meadow. There is a great spot up near Center Creek with a natural rock semi-circular area. I only found it after setting up camp one year and started wandering around. I'll see if I can rediscover it this year. That's quite a distance from the Charlotte Lake area though and from the sound of it you'll may be coming through there late.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Erica" <xericamunsonx@...> wrote:

      > I'm revising our itinerary of our last few days on the trail, and wanted to see what spots would be recommended as 'the best'.......
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic