33554Re: [John Muir Trail] Best camping between Charlotte Lake & Vidette Meadow

  • krishna9012
    Jul 28, 2013
      JMT wont be touching bull frog lake. But I have seen two or three tents last year close to JMT on the side of the outlet stream from Bullfrog lake which seems to be OK as the actual lake is further east. Views are fantastic.

      A little further down as the trail goes down (before the start of switchbacks to Vidette) after a small stream crossing behind a large boulder there is open flat area where we did camp in 2009 summer. This site is not visible from the trail unless you are looking for it. Its under tall lodge pole pines.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic