33245Re: Ride from Whitney to Mammoth Lakes on a Sunday....

  • Don
    Jul 18, 2013
      Have you thought of just driving directly to Mammoth and leaving your car there (long term parking it available near the Mammoth Lodge where the the YARTS bus stops? When you come out it's easy enough to get to Lone Pine and hitch up to Mammoth or stay the night and catch the bus up to Mammoth (unless your coming out on the weekend).

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "apspds@..." <apspds@...> wrote:

      > Hi all...
      >
      > Ill be driving into the Portal on a Saturday night and just found there is not ESTA service on Sundays from Lone Pine to Mammoth Lakes.....
      >
      > I found a shuttle fellow that will take me from Lone Pine to Mammoth Lakes for 200 $
      > I'd have to hitch from the Portal to Lone Pine and then he would take me to Mammoth Lakes to catch YARTS....but....for 200$....
      >
      > Ill be arriving at the Portal in the middle of the night on 8/3 and want to get to Mammoth Lakes as early as possible on the 4th....there are 3 YARTs out of Mammoth Lakes to YNP...at 6 am, 8 am and 10:45 am.....
      >
      > Anyone have any other advice than to spend 200$....???
      >
      > Really thought that ESTA ran 7 days a week like YARTS in July and August....
      >
      > Help.......
      >
      > Adam

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic