33218[John Muir Trail] Re: Ride from Whitney to Mammoth Lakes on a Sunday....

  • jj442434
    Jul 18, 2013
      Yosemite Valley is the end goal. Unfortunately, I have the same problem as OP. I need the bus on Sunday the 4th, when it doesn't run.

      I guess we could travel on the 5th, but I don't really like the idea of lugging all of our stuff 4000 feet up from Happy Isles, after getting a late start after a long night of driving. If we did that, YARTS would put us at the YV visitors center at 12:05 PM. We'd need to get our permit, and I don't realistically see us starting the trail until 1PM, optimistically.