3317Re: [John Muir Trail] tarp tent question (again!)

    Jan 12, 2009
      I have used the Rainshadow 2 for 3 years now on the High Sierra trail and
      the JMT. It holds up well for 3 people (3 grown men on a 9 day High Sierra
      Trail hike in 2006), 2 days on a 15 day hike on the High Sierra Trail
      round-trip in 2007, and 12 days for 2 grown men on the stretch from Red
      Meadows to Charlotte Lake on the JMT in 2008. It holds up well at all
      these altitudes and winds. I think in hindsight using a tensioner with your
      guylines would make the tent more taut when moisture expands the fabric.

      Something like: http://www.campingsurvival.com/6instretguyl.html

      We did not use the tensioners. This is something adviseable for any
      silnylon fabric tarptent.