3315Re: tarp tent question (again!)

  • Mark Habermeyer
    Jan 12, 2009
      Barbara,

      My only experience is with the Contrail (solo). I absolutely love
      this tent! One thing you would have to do however is to seal the
      seams before using it as I didn't do this on my Yosemite trip last
      summer and during a fairly intense thunderstorm it leaked! It was
      wind stable to a point (I don't think in severe winds it would work
      that well however) but overall I really think the weight is ideal and
      was a great tent to have on any length of trip in the wilderness.
      Using your hiking pole for support was not an issue and actually
      worked out well. Would recommend the company as well - good customer
      support and website info.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Karagosian"
      <barbara@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone got any comments on the Rainshadow 2 versus the
      Cloudburst 2? I