33086Re: tent sites at Rosalie and Gladys Lakes?

  • ravi_jmt2013
    Jul 15, 2013
      >Even using LNT ethics, you will leave a mark in pristine spots inviting others to do the same until you eventually have another 'hardened' campsite.

      I agree that it is inevitable that some signs will remain for at least a short time. I have tried to set up such camps in places outside the direct line of sight from the trail to avoid attracting future hikers to the same location. But it is good to know that the SEKI rangers prefer it when people use pre established sites. With the high use on the JMT that is probably a good policy.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic