33070[John Muir Trail] Re: Current water availability and stream crossings

  • sriprank
    Jul 14, 2013
      Junction Meadow is nice. Closer you get to Sphinx Juction you get Bears-Bears-and more Bears. There used to be Campgrounds at Charlotte Creek and Sphinx (with bear boxes) but didn't see them last year but we were moving. I did the same thing last year and we went over Kersarge late in the afternoon and made it down to Kersarge Lakes. Next day started early and it was HOT!!! Made it to Roads End and up to Lower Tent Meadow. Going up Copper Creek there are beautiful wild bears (the one eating berries and not snickers)

      > John, Yes, Grouse Lake on the 17th! I get a bonus night somewhere along Bubbs Creek, as I am coming in the day before over Kearsarge. Getting a later start than I would like, but am shooting for somewhere between Viddette Mdw. and Sphinx Creek Jct. on the 16th. Any recommendations for decent camping in that neck of the woods? Are you going to be traipsing around up in that area during that time?
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Joe MacLeish" <jmacleish@> wrote:
      > >
      > > John:
      > >
      > > We (Robert) are/is planning 5-6 days for the whole thing. He has done it
      > > before, I haven't.
      > >
      > > Joe

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic