32968Re: Is there a sign like this as Glacier Point?

  • ravi_jmt2013
    Jul 11, 2013
      I'm planning to get the traditional picture at Happy Isles the day before I start on the trip with my Glacier Point permit, unless I can get the permit changed to a HI start which is what I am really hoping for. Since I will day hike up to Nevada Falls the day prior to my permit start it should be easy to get a picture taken at the sign.

      I notice that the sign looks different than it did the last time I was at the trailhead several years ago. Emerald Pool is no longer listed. Maybe NPS finally restricted access to that dangerous spot ... maybe "pool" sounds too inviting to day hikers oblivious to the fact that they are right above a waterfall.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "judithsmcguire" <judithsmcguire@...> wrote:

      > There are two signs at Glacier Pt. One is an info sign right on the edge of the overlook. You can have your pic taken with that sign with Yosemite Valley and Half Dome in the background at that one. There's also a sign as you start on the Panorama Trailhead. Unfortunately you don't get the view of the Yos. Valley from that one.
      >
      > Judy McGuire
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "john_friend" <yahoo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone know if there's a sign like this up at Glacier Point? Our
      > > permit starts from Glacier, but I'd like a picture by a sign like this
      > > before we start:

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic