32895Re: Lightweight 1L container for Steripen purification?

  • Ralph Alcorn
    Jul 9, 2013

      I debated the same issue, and came up with  several options. My eventual decision was to just take the Sawyer Squeeze filter and Micropur tablets for backup.

      However, if I took the Steripen I considered the soft sided Nalgene 1L  widemouth. Any softsided, including the Sawyer Squeeze filter is a nuisance, because you need to carry something to fill it, i.e. bottom half of a 12oz plastic Coke bottle.

      We also in the past have carried a 1 qt Yogurt container with a lid, as a pee bottle. We then switched to a 4 cup Ziploc Twist N Loc container for the same purpose. It weighs 2oz, the yogurt container even less. Either of those would be fine for the Steripen, though I would try and avoid multiuse.

      --
      Ralph Alcorn
      backpack45.comtimecheck00.blogspot.com

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic