32882Re: Lightening reminder

  • brucelem12
    Jul 9, 2013
      I searched a bit for info on the Bishop Lake basin strike I referred to and found nothing other than an undocumented reference in another forum regarding a 70's strike. I could have sworn I read of it July/Aug last year for somewhere in that SouthLake basin, but now I'm wondering if I just misinterpreted something or was reading misinformation. I'm sure those of you who live near would remember if true.

      I have to conclude my info input regarding a recent SouthLake basin lightning strike is probably false unless someone knows otherwise.
      Uggghhh...I have joined the ranks of mindless misinformation propagation...just kill me now.

      I didn't even find any solid reference regarding such an occurrence in the 70's, (probably what Jack was referring to?), but being 40+ years back, it could more easily be a case of limited documentation.
      Bruce

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, brucelem12 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Sorry Barbara...I don't. Just going from memory ( a dubious reference indeed ). The Bishop Pass area strike stuck in my head since I knew someone hiking there about the same time.
      > Bruce
      >
      > -------------- Barbara Karagosian <barbara@> wrote:
      > Bruce, do you have any info about the Bishop Lake or Dusy strikes? I don't see it in recent lightning reports. Thanks.
      > Barbara
      >
      > ------------- brucelem12 wrote:
      > -------- My recollection is that the Bishop lake victims were camped very close to the water on a flat/open shore. I know the flats right down close to Guitar Lake tend to be a magnet too. -----------------------------
      > Bruce

    • Show all 47 messages in this topic