32714Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: JMT alternate entry points - Allowed but frowned on

    Jul 5, 2013
      John, regarding your quote:

      "While I've never met one of Roleigh's rangers that want to keep people from "enjoying nature", I have met many that, and in fact all are mandated to, reduce peoples "impairing" of nature"

      I haven't met any either.  The backcountry rangers I've met are very cool about the alternate routes onto the JMT.

      I've just speculated as to why some might be against allowing as many JMT hikers to do the JMT versus why the authorities in charge of regulating Yosemite's backcountry has left the existing rules in place.  It just seems to me that any opposition to the number of JMT hikers has to be coming from a lower rank of power than those who clearly have the power to change the rules yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

      _

    • Show all 38 messages in this topic