      From: dc t <dc_t63@...>
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] speaking of maps
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 2, 2009, 7:51 AM

      Does anyone out there know of a web site or any place where I could get UTGM maps; the kind used by the military? When I retired from the Army I kept my compasses and protractors and they are meant for UTGM maps.

      From: intrek40 <intrek40@hotmail. com>
      To: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, January 1, 2009, 6:15 PM

      Sure you can download them, but are they water proof like the maps

      you buy????

      --- In johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@. ..>

      wrote:

      > Thanks for posting that link Robert!  I have a ton of USGS 7.5

      minute topos which use to cose $4 each a few years back but then went

      to $7 each.  Downloading them for free is the best thing since sliced

      bread!!