32483Re: Donahue to Vogelsang?

  • scriv.ener
    Jul 1, 2013
      Actually, it is sort of fun to plot out such a cross-country route. How about this:

      Down (NB) from Donohue Pass to the stream crossing, then upstream (south fork Lyle Creek) until able to swing up the pass to the north. Past the lakes on the north fork of Lyle Creek, then over the pass to Maclure Creek. Up to the basin rim (going NW), past a cluster of lakes due south of Earhart Peak, then over that last pass before dropping to Ireland Lake and following the trail to Vogelsang.

      But like another writer stated, that's some pretty unforgiving country up there. The above does not account for trail conditions (loose boulders, talus, scree, etc.). I wouldn't do it solo, and certainly without at least a PLB. I plot about twelve miles, but I'd take three days of food.

      ~ Jeffrey

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "five_ten_is_easy" <dokner@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > is there a cross country way to get from donahue pass
      > to vogelsang hsc
      > thanks!
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, straw_marmot <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > What do you mean exactly? There's a maintained trail marked on all the maps from Vogelsang down to about the midpoint of Lyell. I've not done it before, but doing it this year. Should be straightforward.
      > >
      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "five_ten_is_easy" <dokner@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey everyone,
      > > > does anyone have a route from Donahue to Vogelsang?
      > > > thanks!
      > > > cheers
      > > > david

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic