32474Re: Donahue to Vogelsang?

  • John
    Jul 1, 2013
      That's is interesting, as there is definitely no trail there that I have ever seen. One finds all sorts of interesting things on Google maps though. The "route" from DP to Volgelsang isn't at all established  and doesn't go on that side of the Cathedral Range, unless you want to go that way! Then it's a serious adventure!

      JD
      see book here

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "outhiking_55" wrote:

      > I find it kind of interesting that on Google Maps it shows a short section of trail just north of Florence Peak from Florence Lake up toward the crest, but it doesn't connect to the trail from Voglesang to Merced Lake. I'm assuming this is a well established cross country route?
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "John" johndittli@ wrote:
      > >
      > > David
      > > Yes, I've done it many times. PM me if your interested.
      > > JDWalk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trailsee book here
      > >

      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "five_ten_is_easy" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi
      > > > is there a cross country way to get from donahue pass to vogelsang hsc
      > > > thanks!

      > > the maps from Vogelsang down to about the midpoint of Lyell. I've not
      > > done it before, but doing it this year. Should be straightforward.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic