32472Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Donahue to Vogelsang?

  • Kim Fishburn
    Jul 1, 2013
      If you go by way of Vogelsang Pass this is the view from there.

      http://outhiking.com/ys14.html

      On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM, outhiking_55 <animalfarm99@...> wrote:

      I find it kind of interesting that on Google Maps it shows a short section of trail just north of Florence Peak from Florence Lake up toward the crest, but it doesn't connect to the trail from Voglesang to Merced Lake. I'm assuming this is a well established cross country route?

      > David
      > Yes, I've done it many times. PM me if your interested.
      > JDWalk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trailsee book here
      > <http://www.johndittli.com>
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "five_ten_is_easy" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > > is there a cross country way to get from donahue pass to vogelsang hsc
      > > thanks!
      > >
      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, straw_marmot no_reply@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > What do you mean exactly? There's a maintained trail marked on all
      > the maps from Vogelsang down to about the midpoint of Lyell. I've not
      > done it before, but doing it this year. Should be straightforward.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic