      From: "song95139@..." <song95139@...>
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 1:46:36 AM
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] New to Forum: Plan to Hike JMT July 2009

      Hi Al,

      Indeed it was a wonderful hike last summer Al.  I could not stop talking about JMT since I got home.  The pictures keep reminding me of going back next summer.  My 13 yo son will be joining me next summer going north bound.  I am looking forward hiking with me son on the JMT.  He has been hiking with me on 3 days trip for the last three years.  He is ready for a longer trip.

      I have been reading up permit application going north bound.  It is a lottery system, if I understand correctly, to start at Whitney.  I am going to give it a try for a late July start.  Can anyone give me some advise on how to get a permit?

      Great to see your post.

      Sim
      San Jose