32405Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Jet boil sol ti

    Jun 29, 2013
      Barbara, if boiling 4 cups of water a day, how many boils do you think you get out of the 4 oz Snow Peak?  According to Jetboil, I should get 50.7 boils out of a 100 gm, so I'd think I'd get 10% more from the Snow Peak, or 55 boils or 13.7 days worth, enough on my pace to go from Happy Isles to MTR, resupply there one 110 canister, then down to Whitney.  What do you think?  Did MTR have the 4 oz Snow Peak canisters?

      _

      On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

      Roleigh - I use the 4oz (that weigh about 7oz) Snow Peak fuel cannisters - they hold 110gms fuel instead of the 100gms in the Jetboil brand cannisters.

      Barbara

    • Show all 32 messages in this topic