3238Maps

  • Robert W. Freed
    Dec 31, 2008
      So am I the only one out there who didn't know that you can
      download topographical maps for free from the USGS? In
      searching for maps for my Theodore Solomons Trail portion
      of my upcoming PCT through hike I was thinking of buying
      topos from the USGS. To my surprise all of the 7.5, 15 and
      30 minute topos can be downloaded for free in scanned PDF
      format. You can then just cut and paste into any decent
      paint program and print your own custom topo maps.
      http://store.usgs.gov then click on Map Locator on the left
      side to get started.
      Robert