32259Re: [John Muir Trail] Resupply containers

    Jun 28, 2013
      In 2011 we saw PCT hikers who had skipped the Sierra high peaks during June and in July were going southbound to make up the lost territory (due to the high snow levels), and they were hiking pretty much that way from town to town, but they'd take a couple of days off to go 30 miles out of their way to, say Bishop.  They had no schedule to worry about so to speak.

      Have you ever exited the JMT from Le Conte Canyon (up and over Bishop Pass) for supplies there -- that is a real tangent there.  We had an injured hiker we bailed out with there, a significant tangent.