32169Re: [John Muir Trail] light camp shoes

    Jun 26, 2013
      These sandals run a little large.  I compared my size 9 to Luna Sandals size 11 and the difference in length was only 3/32" of an inch longer for the Luna Sandals.
      _

      On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM, ravi_jmt2013 <ravi@...> wrote:

      If the specs are correct, 10 ounces for men's size 12 is pretty tempting. My homemade "shower shoes" aren't working out that well. They weigh two ounces but since they are made of shoe insoles there is zero traction. Very hazardous in terms of slipping on wet surfaces. I do have an older pair of Tevas which I like but weigh just over 30 ounces. I just ordered the Mush Universal from Zappos to try them out. No risk with free shipping and returns!

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, straw_marmot <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > In fact...
      >
      > Just ordered a pair of Teva Mush Universal.
      > I'm warming more to this idea for my JMT. Viewing their primary function as comfort in camp; but adequate for occasional crossings and sufficient protection & comfort as an emergency backup hiking-out shoe. That tallies well with the expected probability of need for those 3 uses on the JMT in Aug/Sep, I think.
      >
      > Ralph

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic