32095[John Muir Trail] Re: 10-days of food in a 7-day Bear Canister?

  • John
    Jun 25 11:09 AM

      > John Dittli will know this way better than I, John - can you add anything
      > here?

      Sorry John, I'm not sure what the current regs are re Ursac. But regardless of whether it is tied of or hung, they have been shown not to be 100% bear proof. My feeling is that the Ursac is just a deterrent and your food will still need to be defended if a bear takes interest.

      As someone mentioned, defending can lead to a very restless night, but better than loosing your food.

      John
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic