3201Re: Exact Specifics of where Tolumne Meadow Post Office is to JMT Trail (per Lizzy Wenks book)

  • Kevin Aston
    Dec 20, 2008
      Sounds like you took a left where you should have taken a right.
      A left takes you to the road, where you can catch the shuttle to the
      Post Office if you want. Turning right you follow the trail to the
      right and in a couple of miles it takes you into the car campground.
      You walk along the road until you come to the dumpsters. If you hang a
      right there you go to the hikers camp, about 200 feet, if you hang a
      left there and go about the same distance you come to the store and
      post office. The main trail continues from the North West corner of
      the car campground and follows the river for several miles.
      http://www.kevinaston.com/toDonohue.html .
      Fun hike.
      Kevin Aston

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "zmortalcityz"