31946Re: Considering the Iva Bell detour

  • sanfran_rwood
    Jun 21, 2013
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "sanfran_rwood" <MrRedwood@...> wrote:

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rnperky@> wrote:
      > > The photos that I have seen of the routes favor the Fish Creek
      > > route to below Tully Hole. It looks like there are some nice
      > > looking cascades along the way!
      >
      > Well, yeah.  Since you insist, I've uploaded two quick videos
      > of Fish Creek to YouTube.  See http://youtu.be/RT7NMfiekrc
      > and http://youtu.be/lsjf-5jLPng

      I've also uploaded a massive panorama (4863×2570 pixels) of the view from about where Cold Creek tumbles down into the Middle Fork of the San Joaquin, which is the downhill portion of this detour. Cascade Canyon/Fish Creek and the Iva Bell hotsprings are on the other side of the ridge on the left side, heading back east and up. I believe the lat/long is about 37.55254,-119.08931.

      Note: click on "Original" for the very big pano; in most browsers you can right-click to see just the image.
      http://yhoo.it/12ZdZes
      Vista SW from JMT detour
      --
      Richard