31909RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: Considering the Iva Bell detour

  • robert shattuck
    Jun 20, 2013
      "You can also get right to VVR if you go over Goodale Pass, but I've never been that route."

      Just a few notes––for the first time, last year, I went over Goodale––good for a change, but I found the signage a bit confusing once I got down to within maybe a mile of the VVR.

      I got to a junction, went to the left, came back, went to the right . . . what was I missing? Luckily, having been to VVR a few times and knowing what to look for I just headed out onto the dry lake bed and worked my way towards the dry shores of the VVR . . . . if you've never been there though, you might possibly be in a bit of a fix, trying to figure it out.

      BOB