31898Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: First come first server permit logistics

    Jun 20, 2013
      Don't forget in our files library there are three HI TH permit options (HI-Merced Pass Thru, HI-Illuoette-Falls, HI-LYV) to get you onto the JMT.

      There was a posting in the last year here on this group by someone familiar with Yosemite NPS park rules and it quoted the full regulation book that if you arrive in the valley by YARTS that you're entitled to stay in the backpacker's campground on that basis too.

      You might be able to google "site:nps.gov" yose backpacker campground bus
      and get a hit.
      _

      On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Tracy <ttterrall@...> wrote:

      I'm also getting a walk-up permit in July, but from Toulumne.

      Camp 4 in the valley is first-come, first-serve for camping, get there early to get a spot. Other than that, you'll have to leave the valley for camping without reservations. You shouldn't have to wait several days to get a permit, though, especially if you're willing to get there super early.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic