31880RE: [John Muir Trail] After the Hike

  • robert shattuck
    Jun 20, 2013
      "Does anyone know if it's possible to send a resupply to Whitney Portal, and head right back into the backcountry after "finishing" our hike? I know the permit system there is a mess but on my permit from Happy Isles I said we'd be finishing on the 28th, so maybe that would cover it?"

      Seriously doubt it. The portal doesn't do resupplies and my bet is once you come all the way down from whitney, you're not really going to grab some food and head back up.

      Bob

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic