31579Re: VERMILION VALLEY RESORT PROBLEMS

  • ravi_jmt2013
    Jun 15, 2013
      The water level in the lake will probably decide the issue for me. I don't plan to send a resupply to VVR but could be interested in dropping in for lunch, laundry and a shower if the boat is running. But I doubt it will be in early September and I've read that the trail along the lake isn't very scenic and has lots of ups and downs. Returning to the JMT via the Bear Creek trail isn't an option for me since I want to hike the full JMT. So an out-and-back from the JMT to VVR of 12+ miles on a not so great trail just for some food doesn't hold much appeal. But it will be an interesting experiment to see if the lure of food will change my mind when I get to that junction...

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, ptoddf <ptoddf@...> wrote:

      > My main concern is having my resupply package be there. The mention on this thread ("A bear must have taken it", they were told), is the second "gone missing" case at VVR I've heard of. That's two too many for me.
      >
      > And thanks for the many first hand experience replies across the spectrum. It's all real and helpful info IMO. A visit is clearly a mixed bag, but how could it not be?
      >
      > It does seem like VVR must appeal much more to gung ho party animals than others. I mean, $200 a day for food and (a lot of) beer? Wow. That I can afford to miss!
      >

      > Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express™, an AT&T LTE smartphone

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic