31557[John Muir Trail] Re: VERMILION VALLEY RESORT PROBLEMS

  • targetdoggmechanic
    Jun 14, 2013
      Olive was great actually. I ate there and told her I couldn't believe how fast my tab was running up with the beers and ferry ride and resupply and such...she recommended that I work bussing tables and chopping wood the next day...breakfast and lunch done..then chopped some wood. Tab went down to zero since they were short handed that year...2009. We ended up pounding beers with the other employees that night around the fire after power down. Needless to say I ended up staying another day cause I was feeling a little drunk still the next morning.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Joe MacLeish" <jmacleish@...> wrote:

      > Wow, that review is amazing and totally contrary to my experiences. I have
      > been there twice and outside of Olive had only excellent interactions.
      > Washers worked, showers worked and even the ferry was running (sort of) both
      > times and the food and pies were great and the beer and the company, both
      > backpackers and VVR people. Jim went out of his way to get me and others
      > hooked up with oddball rides. I must say I am glad to see Olive seeking
      > other career opportunities but that was a minor irritation. I certainly
      > will be back next year.
      >
      > Joe

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic