30933Re: [John Muir Trail] Guthook Guide: JMT smartphone app ready

  • bodnar1234
    May 29, 2013
      I will definitely make a post when the JMT iPhone app is out. We have already submitted the iPhone app to Apple and it should be approved any day.

      If you want to see the general format of the iPhone app (Guthook's PCT: Central California app) you can look at the screen shots of the Pacific Crest Trail app series at

      https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guthooks-pct-central-california/id509016353?mt=8

      Thank you for your interest.

      Paul "Tangent"
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Mohlenhoff, Brian" <brian.mohlenhoff@...> wrote:

      > Will you let us know when the iPhone app comes out?
      >
      > Brian
      >
      > On May 29, 2013, at 11:50 AM, bodnar1234 wrote:
      >

      > I just wanted to let members know we have launched the "Guthook's Guide: JMT" app for the Android phone. The iPhone version will be out within a week. This app is identical in format to the popular Guthook's Guides to the PCT.
      >
      > The data (trail track, waypoints, etc.) was collected in 2012. The app provides GPS functionality (a dot shows you where you are even if you don't have phone service), off-line topo maps of the entire trail, and 550+ waypoints along and near the trail.
      >
      > Waypoints include 300+ water sources (plus a description of the water source's reliability and the distance to the next reliable water source), tenting sites, important descriptions of landmarks, trail junctions, and stream crossings -- all with photos. All the data (maps, photos, etc.) can be stored to your phone prior to hiking so there is no need to have wifi or cell service to operate while on the trail.
      >
      > The app also includes the entire Mt. Whitney Trail (down to Whitney Portal) and side trails to VVR and Muir Trail Ranch.
      >
      > For a FREE demo of a similar app you can download the Guthook's Guide PCT Demo at;
      >
      > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.highsierraattitude.pctsocalfree
      >
      > Check out the JMT app at:
      >
      > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.highsierraattitude.jmtguide
      >
      > It's on sale for $4.99 for a limited time (same for iPhone when it comes out within a week).
      >
      > We hope you like it! Please let us know if you have any suggestions!
      >
      > Paul "Tangent" and Alice "Holstein" (for Android)
      > &
      > Ryan "Guthook" (for iPhone)

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic