30898Re: OK, one more time with feeling...the "ole sleeping pad debate".....

  • Bronco
    May 28 10:11 AM
      I gave my NeoAir away. The heavy Big Agnes Air Core is in the closet. I take my Exped Syn Mat. I fashioned a bellows out of a Hefty trash bag and a whittled-down plastic funnel using duct tape. With the bellows and Exped's huge blow hole, inflation takes a minute.The whole kit weighs a tad over a pound.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "nawlunz" <will_cef_1@...> wrote:

      > Really, I am curious as to what others do for pads. I love the NeoAir, but honestly, I remain concerned over a multiple week trip the reliability. I have a repair kit, but still, that's a hassle.
      >
      > I really want to keep my pad weight to a pound or less...so, that limits the options.
      >
      > Also, for those of you using a closed cell or other matt (Ridgerest, etc), how really comfortable are those over the trip. I would love the piece of mind, but trying to balance comfort, weight and reliability.
      >
      > So, just want thoughts on what others do.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic