30891Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Half Dome Logistics

    May 28, 2013
      On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM, sanfran_rwood <MrRedwood@...> wrote:
      The other good option is the flat sandy area below the trail about 400-500 feet after the junction. LatLong is about 37.74452,-119.51119. Check the picture at http://goo.gl/En1EY.

      Just a clarification, By "the junction" it looks like you are talking the Half Dome junction, not the Clouds rest Junction. I originally had read it the other way, but checking yuor helpfully-provided waypoint, I'd sure you meant the HD junction.

      Looks like a nice spot. E Wenk doesn't seem to list dry campsites, which I prefer, so its always good to get a fix on a good dry one. I added it to my personal collection of waypoints. Might be my last night campsite (I'm headed North) followed by Sunrise atop Half Dome