30832Re: Supplements

  • Darryl
    May 26, 2013
      I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and have been giving myself weekly Enbrel shots for several years. As I won't have access to refrigeration on the trail, I will stop taking Enbrel during this period. I discussed this with my Rheumatologist and Dermatologist. The rheumatologist prescribed Prednisone in case I start to ache. I was going to try a dry run of Enbrel now to see whether there would be any effects of going off it, but my dermatologist said that it stays in my system for several weeks, so I should continue using it until I go on the JMT in mid-August.
      I am cautious about taking Advil frequently because after doing a half marathon a couple of years ago, I had blood in my stool from over-use. My go-to painkiller is Tylenol because it is not as harsh on my system.

      Darryl

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl" <dabrahms@...> wrote:

      > Ravi mentioned in an earlier post that he takes Glucosamine. I took them for about six months but then stopped because I didn't know whether they were making a difference. I now take Tumeric concentrate (Curcumin 95) and it initially seemed to help, but now I'm not so sure if it still makes a difference. I also take Costco's Kirkland multi-vitamin pack, fish oil and vitamin D, every day, and I intend to keep doing so on the trail. I'm interested to know what your opinion and experience is with supplements. Thanks.
      > Darryl

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic