30814Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Clouds Rest junction

  • Bill Cathey
    May 26 2:03 PM
      I was using my boots as part of my pillow system this past week when a porcupine chewed on my pack. Maybe I should be glad it got to my pack first ;o)

      Although I'd love to see a porcupine. They're really cool animals.

      bill

      On May 22, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Dittli-Goethals <johndittli@...> wrote:

      My ski poles still have nibble marks on the handles from some rodent somewhere. I think they will only go after the grips, so if supporting a tent, they might have a hard time shinnying up the shaft. As well over the years among many other minor gnawings: I've had a ball cap eaten (they left the plastic bill), a washed and drying bandana chewed, boots gnawed by a Porcupine (fortunately I was using them as a pillow at the time, an exciting awakening!), and my favorite; my bivy sack with sleeping bag, pulled ~100' from camp and partially down a Marmot hole.

      JD
    • Show all 37 messages in this topic