30809Re: steripen bottle

  • dave.thofern
    May 26, 2013
      I use a medium Ziploc Twist 'N Loc container. The Steripen Opti just fits inside. Once the lid is screwed on the Steripen (without its case) doesn't rattle around inside. The Ziploc holds 950 ml so it works out well to set the Steripen to zap one liter. The Ziploc weighs less than 2 oz.

      Dave

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "darrendrk" <darrendrk@...> wrote:

      > I have been I steripen user for about a year now, and I plan on taking one on the JMT in august. Its fast and light weight and conveiniet. Its only downside is it needs a wide mouth bottle like a nalgene to go with it. The opening on all the gatorade bottles i have found are just too small to effectively sterilize the water. Any ideas on a lighter weight convenient container to sterilize the water in?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic