30564Re: Clouds Rest junction

  • ptoddf
    May 20, 2013
      Did this easy trail hike few years ago. Went in at Tenaya Lk, only permits left that day, camped just over CR peak and did cables a.m. No problem concealing pack and bear can in rocks south of cables. Get there very early! I was on top in half hour it was glorious. Took 2 hrs to get down cables due to later arriving Yosemite hordes. Maybe permits now will help. Doubt it. People stop and rest for 20 mins at a time on way up. Be warned, be patient. And don't need gloves, cables smooth from decades of use. Later, suggest you look over falls down to Yosemite and then hike to gorgeous Merced Lake and the amazing cascades on way. Few go there even in season! A real highlight IMO.

      Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express™, an AT&T LTE smartphone
    • Show all 37 messages in this topic