30513Re: Appropriate length for fixed length trekking poles

  • Ralph Alcorn
    May 17, 2013
      I'm 5' 11" and have the Black Diamond ultra distance 120s. I used adjustable poles for a long time, but quickly adapted to using the fixed length poles. The body is pretty adaptable. My hand positions vary a lot. When going downhill, I frequently have the top of the pole in the palm of my hand. When I want it to be shorter, I can place it out a little further. Not quite as efficient as the ideal length, but I don't have to stop and deal with readjusting it.

      --
      Ralph Alcorn
      backpack45.comtimecheck00.blogspot.com

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic