      From: Adam . <anonwums1@...>
      To: johnmuirtrail <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Shuttle Services

      From Muir Trail Ranch, you can hike 5.5 miles to Florence Lake. There is a ferry that will shuttle you to the other side of the lake, or you can hike the 5 or so miles yourself around the lake http://www.florence-lake.com/FL-Ferry.html . From there, you can catch a shuttle operated by Vermillion Valley Resort to Fresno, probably anywhere else you ask (http://www.edisonlake.com/hikers/transportation). It's an expensive shuttle even if you split it with people.

      If you're willing to hike a bit further, you can head down the JMT another 3.5 miles to the junction with Piute Trail. From there, it is around 18 miles over Piute Pass to North Lake. You could probably hitchhike into Bishop from North Lake, and then you can catch the ESTA bus back to Yosemite.

      Adam

      On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Kyle Arn <arn.kyle@...> wrote:

      Are there shuttle services from the Muir Trail Ranch back to Yosemite?  Would the Ranch be a good halfway point heading southbound?

      Kyle

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic