      From: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com [mailto:johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of robert shattuck
      Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 10:03 PM
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Couple questions for June hike

      Dan, with a zero degree bag you'll be plenty warm, but sleeping in just shorts might get a little sticky and dirty. Good idea to have a very light pair of poly or silk long johns and some socks--at least this works for me.

      Bob

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 13, 2013, at 9:55 PM, "Dan" <shortys7777@...> wrote:

      Thanks guys. I have a 0 degree bag at my parents house on the east coast. Might have them send it out just to be comfortable and sleep in shorts.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <shortys7777@...> wrote:

      > I've been reading here for the past few weeks and had a few questions I could not find answers too.
      >
      > 1. What are the temps like at night around9/10,000 feet? My bag is 25 degree and I will be bringing thermals with me too for sleeping.
      >
      > 2. I got some dehydrated food for some dinners on the trail and I was wondering if I could possibly take the food out, pack it in a smaller plastic bag and just put it right in my cooking pot with the lid on for the 10-12 minutes it says to close the bag. How long can the food stay fresh once the seal is broken? They will be eaten within a week on the trail then again after re supply.
      >
      > 3. Where do you put your use toilet paper and or wipes if you use them? Are bears attracted to the sent of baby wipes? What about ointments and such that are in your first aid kit? do these need to go in your bear canister? I know toothpaste, deodorant, soap, etc. go in there.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Dan

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic