30274Re: Tuolumne Meadows not opening until 7/11?

  • gracec816
    May 8, 2013
      What's the rule as far as staying in an officially "closed" campground? I imagine that nobody would stop you from hiking in and pitching a tent, but I would also imagine that the bathrooms will be closed and maybe the trash won't be accessible (aka two important hiker luxuries).

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "lostimnot" <rrichey@...> wrote:

      > According to recreation.gov, Tuolumne Meadows campgrounds will not open until 7/11 this year. (I believe this is due to a budgetary crunch in turn related to the sequester.) Whether this affects the opening of the post office, store, or grill there is an issue which may affect the plans of JMT hikers. Does anybody know whether these facilities would open ahead of the campgrounds opening?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic