30269Re: [John Muir Trail] Tuolumne Meadows not opening until 7/11?

  • Barbara Karagosian
    May 8, 2013
      The stores and post office are run by a different agency than the campground (DNC, I think), and of course the PO is the government PO.  I'll delve a bit and see what I can find.

      On May 8, 2013, at 1:53 PM, "lostimnot" <rrichey@...> wrote:

      According to recreation.gov, Tuolumne Meadows campgrounds will not open until 7/11 this year. (I believe this is due to a budgetary crunch in turn related to the sequester.) Whether this affects the opening of the post office, store, or grill there is an issue which may affect the plans of JMT hikers. Does anybody know whether these facilities would open ahead of the campgrounds opening?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic