30249Re: [John Muir Trail] Concerns about a dry Sept hike

    May 7, 2013
      I will have capacity for 4 liters of water in a pinch, but hopefully won't encounter stretches when that much is needed.

      I'm fairly easy to recognize - I'll be the one in the kilt. Say hello.

      On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Erica <xericamunsonx@...> wrote:

      Thanks, John - that is very true - and reassuring. Hopefully we'll get some trail reports from people here beforehand that can help with preparation. We're going to be overlapping almost exactly in opposite directions (Aug 30 - Sept 17 SOBO) ! - so, sounds like I'll be seeing you halfway!

      How much water will you be carrying in your dry stretches? I'm debating if I should bring an additional collapsible water bottle in my pack just in case...

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic